Sunday, May 1, 2011

A DAY AT THE ZOO

Yesterday we decided to do the 2.5 hour drive to Asheboro, to go to the zoo.
We'd heard that the zoo here in North Carolina was a nice one, and we wanted to do some fun outdoor things with Luke before the weather gets to hot, and before the baby is born.

The zoo here is HUGE... so big that there is a tram that takes you between the two sections of the zoo, and a shuttle that will drive you from one parking lot to the other if you start and finish on different sides of the zoo... I've certainly never been to a zoo with any of those 'services'

Luke wasn't as interested in the animals as we had thought he'd be... he was loving the new environment we'd brought him too, and the freedom we gave him to run and walk at his leisure, but he more frequently pointed to plants and water than he did at animals. LOL.... I guess everyone has their own interests.

His favourite animal though of the ones he did pay attention to was definitely the otters... yes, I know... 2.5 hours to the zoo to be fascinated by river otters. LOL...
They had a big enclosure, where you could go 'underneath' and look through a glass window into the water that they were swimming in... kinda like if you were at an aquarium I guess.
The otters were very people friendly and not at all shy about coming right up to the glass to entertain the people. I wish I could have caught on camera the moment when Luke had his face right up to the glass, and an otter swam right up to him and put his face at Lukes... Luke got a bit startled and took a quick step back. LOL...






 

 











POOPED after a long day... barely made it back to the car without falling asleep in the stroller

No comments: