Saturday, May 14, 2011

LUKE TURNS TWO


My baby has turned TWO
Last Friday, May 6th, was his birthday.
I decided to have a much smaller party this year, and just do a 'moms and tots playdate party' on Friday morning... so we had 7 toddlers and their moms in the back yard, enjoying some sunshine, snacks and playtime.

Jake and I decided to get Luke some fun outside play items for his birthday... perfect for the spring and summer months. I looked on Craigslist, and found a great climber/slide that is in great condition, and a little turtle sandbox... then I had my family and Jakes parents contribute to the climber in lieu of a separate birthday gift. It worked out really well, and I think Luke will get a lot of fun out of his new play equipment. He LOVES his sandbox and spends lots of time sitting in it playing with the sand and shovels.

Lukes new climber


His new sandbox


Time for candles and cake



 Party picnic on the porch
 Our little spread
 Opening Gifts




Grandma and Grandpa Geddes arrived for a visit the day after Lukes birthday, so we decided to have a little family BBQ, and more cupcakes afterward... Luke loves having happy birthday sung to him, and trying to blow out his candles... and of course, the BEST part, is eating the cupcakes :)


Yesterday was Lukes 2 year check up at the pediatrician.
He is growing really well...
His stats are...

Weight: 30 lbs (13.6kg) - 75th percentile
Height: 2ft 11inches - 75th percentile

I don't have a small kid. LOL... I laughed when I realised that at 2ft11, he is more than half of my moms height, and he's only 2. LOL... He's going to be taller than his 5ft Gogga in no time at all. :)

His language is still a bit behind, but he is slowly getting there.
He does animal sounds...moo, meow, woof and occasionally quack.
He says...hey, yeah, oh yeah, uh-oh, 'Daisy' (the neighbours dogs name), No, Let's see... and he also says one Japanese word.

He also sings 'ee i ee i, oh'... as in from 'Old Mac Donald'

He loves cars and trucks, his sandbox, changing the DVD in the DVD player, he loves to mow the lawn with daddy, get the mail, and throw away trash. He loves his snuggle monkeys, and yes, still his pacifier. He loves to flush the toilet.
He also has a little plastic step stool that he loves to carry around the house and use to reach things he shouldn't be into... I call it his 'troublemaking stool'
He has a very big sweet tooth, and is a compulsive snacker (not much of a meal eater)...favourite snacks and foods are Nilla Wafers, fruit snacks, cheese, grapes, anything candy and grilled chicken.

After a shower, he likes to be wrapped up tightly in a towel, and have some chill time propped on pillows on mommy and daddy's bed, before getting a diaper and clothes.
He still loves to watch Baby Einstein DVD's... and is starting to enjoy Toy Story, but not many other Disney/animated movies yet. He has a favourite picture book that he likes to look at, and point to the pictures for you to tell him what they are.

There are so many funny, sweet and quirky things about my little Luke, and we just love every one of them. He has been such a joy in our lives for the last 2 years, and we are so grateful that he is ours. I love my little monkey...

Happy Birthday my Sweetheart... mommy loves you xxx

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

I can't believe our boys are two! I was just looking back on my blog and saw the pics of them as babies at our house before you moved. :( Miss you. Glad he had a good day!

Along the way . . . said...

I can't believe your little guy is TWO! I also can't believe how American you are sounding! ; )