North Carolina has been hot and 'summery' for quite some time now. We have had temperatures well into the 90's (30's Celsius) just about every week for a while already.
Luke and I have been doing some fun summer activities when we can.
Last week, we went for a walk with Crystal and her son, Brent... Brent and Luke are becoming great buddies. Luke is getting very comfortable and familiar with Crystal and Brent, and their home, and Brent calls Luke, 'Uke'... I love it :) He is such a sweet boy!
When we went for our walk, we stopped at a little duck pond in Crystals neighbourhood. The boys had some bread to feed the ducks, but Luke just ate all of his...stale or not. LOL.
(All my 'on-the-go' photos aren't as great quality as usual, because I have a smaller camera that I keep in my diaper bag, which doesn't take pics as good as Jakes camera does)
Luke and I have been doing some fun summer activities when we can.
Last week, we went for a walk with Crystal and her son, Brent... Brent and Luke are becoming great buddies. Luke is getting very comfortable and familiar with Crystal and Brent, and their home, and Brent calls Luke, 'Uke'... I love it :) He is such a sweet boy!
When we went for our walk, we stopped at a little duck pond in Crystals neighbourhood. The boys had some bread to feed the ducks, but Luke just ate all of his...stale or not. LOL.
(All my 'on-the-go' photos aren't as great quality as usual, because I have a smaller camera that I keep in my diaper bag, which doesn't take pics as good as Jakes camera does)
Today is a scorcher... 96'F is the forecast (36'C)... though it worked out perfectly, because a few months ago I signed up for the 'spray park'... in Rocky Mount, there is a great park that has water 'features' all over a big concrete slab, that kids can play in.. it also has a train that goes around the park, and some fun rides... They have reserved the spray park for 1 hour, every monday morning from today, through August (for a fee), for little kids and their families, so we paid to do that so that Luke could enjoy it without fear of getting knocked down by teenagers playing rough etc. Many of the Crayola moms are signed up too, so Luke and I can enjoy it with friends, and Jake can join us on holidays like July 5th. Anyway, today was our first time there, and what fun it was! Luke really enjoyed the water for a while... then he got hungry and tired, and needed a snack, so we sat in the shade and rested a bit with a snack.
After our snack, we enjoyed a train ride around the park before heading home. It was a fun fun morning for both of us!



So, summer is here, and we are trying to enjoy it as best we can with some time outdoors doing fun things. Now that Luke is walking, it's so much easier.. though he refuses to walk on the grass. LOL... only on hard ground! Some days though, it's just easier and more pleasant to stay indoors where it's air conditioned, because it's just soooo HOT outside.. but, hopefully we can have a few more fun outings in the sun this summer!






3 comments:
Yay! Great pics! We do so much fun stuff! Our kids are so lucky to have such cool moms ;)
I like stale bread too Luke, forget the ducks!! :)
You are such a fun mom! Looks like a really cute splash park. It's been getting hot here too (But NOT THAT HOT! Crazy) So we've been doing lots of swimming. Luke is getting so big. :(
Post a Comment