I have a few new pictures of our little pumpkin, so I decided to do a quick blog about his latest activities, events and milestones.
Well, Mr Luke is ON THE GO... nonstop! He is walking faster and faster, and just getting everywhere and that means he gets into everything. I have lost all hope of having tidy, clean home, because we have a little tornado that lives in our house. So my once OCD ways, are slowly fading into the past and 'mom slob' is more what we have these days... sad, but true! Trying to keep up just seems like it's not worth the energy, when an hour later I will just have to do it again.
In other events, Luke has reached a few new milestones in the last month or so:
Well, Mr Luke is ON THE GO... nonstop! He is walking faster and faster, and just getting everywhere and that means he gets into everything. I have lost all hope of having tidy, clean home, because we have a little tornado that lives in our house. So my once OCD ways, are slowly fading into the past and 'mom slob' is more what we have these days... sad, but true! Trying to keep up just seems like it's not worth the energy, when an hour later I will just have to do it again.
In other events, Luke has reached a few new milestones in the last month or so:
- He can now climb up his slide by himself... we are still working on showing him how to slide down safely.
- He can identify by pointing when you ask him to find, a ball, a dog and a banana, in his little alphabet book.... he is a master at showing you where the ball is, but we have just barely learned to point out the dog and banana, so although he knows those, they need a bit more practice.
- He is finally learning to give himself a drink from his sippy cup - for the longest time he couldn't tip it enough to get a drink out.
- He can now stand up just straight off the floor, without having to pull himself up on furniture.
- He has 5 teeth - 3 on the top and 2 on the bottom... #6 is can be seen but hasn't yet cut through.
- He has moved over from formula onto cows milk, although just like his mommy, he will only drink it with a touch of flavouring, so we put a small teaspoon of vanilla Nesquik in it just to take that yucky milk taste off.
I am sure there are more things that I am forgetting, but that's all I can think of right now. He is constantly learning new things, and we are always in awe at how fast he grows and changes... I really should be better at writing down all these new developments.
Some recent photo's of Luke:
This is the reason why you probably don't ever want to eat dinner at our house. LOL
Luke loves to be naked, and most nights when he is done bathing, he will just about fight you to the death to not have you put a diaper and pj's on him, so because we have laminate/tiled flooring right through the house, which can handle accidents, we have started allowing him a few minutes of 'freedom', which is thoroughly LOVES... well, last night he made his way into the kitchen, where Jake was unloading the dishwasher.. before we new it, Luke was playing in the dishwasher, while peeing on the floor right next to it. Probably not the most hygenic situation, but we saw the humour in it. LOL :P
Slightly difficult to see, but if you look where the arrow is pointing, you'll notice a rather sizely puddle of pee. LOLLuke LOVES his Tonka truck... his favourite thing is to go for rides in the back. I guess he won't be little enough forever, so we often push him around the house, which he really enjoys...last night we got a few pics of little naked boy riding his truck...
His other new fascination is golf balls. Jake was playing with some golf balls the other day, and since then, Luke loves playing with them too, BUT, this is always the outcome of letting him have a ball.LOL









1 comment:
I don't look at the mess in my house as being a slob, I look at it as my Son learning and having fun... at least that is what I tell myself after I have packed away his cars for the 5th time that day and can't be bothered to do again until he has gone to bed. That is why I can never ever have unexpected guests.
Post a Comment