A few months ago, Jake and I very spontaneously bought some tickets to Utah after chatting on the phone to his family... I had enough SkyMiles that I could get my ticket for free, so we only had to pay for one ticket, which was great.
We were super excited about the trip, and couldn't wait to see family again. It had been a year since our last trip out west, and we were itching for Luke to see his grandma and grandpa and his cousins. We were counting down the almost 2 months until it was time to go. Unfortunately things didn't go so well. We booked out flight there, to leave on a Friday evening, so that Jake could go after work... little did we know that Luke would not sleep on the plane, despite us flying through most of his regular night time sleeping hours. The turbulence was awful on both flights, we circled in the air for an additional hour, due to bad weather holding up the incoming planes, our second flight was delayed, and Jake ended up horribly air sick! We finally arrived at 1:30am (3:30am North Carolina time)... after a nightmare 12 hour journey! For another 3 hours, Luke still would not settle down for the night... finally, he passed out next to us and we all got 3 hours of light, sleep before the sun rose, and the day began! Fortunately Luke settled in perfectly after about 2 days, and he was great for the rest of the week. Jake however spent the first day recovering from his air sickness, and then proceeded to get a cold... As his cold started to improve, I got sick... with a 'mystery illness'... I didn't have typical cold symptoms, but I felt dreadful, and that's how I spent the remainder of the week. So, our exciting family vacation didn't quite goes as we had hoped.
All that said, it was really great to see the family again. I was so excited to see Luke interacting and enjoying time with his cousins. He had a cousin(s) to play with every day that we were there... and he thrived on the attention, and of course he just LOVED his Grandma's endless supply of fun toys, that he could only dream of having here at home. (Oh, how I long for a Deseret Industries to open in North Carolina)
On the topic of the D.I.... I did have some fun while we were there... I shopped at the D.I and raided Sara's shed (Jakes sister), and found a whole stack of little 'treasures' to decorate my very bare home. Of course, by a whole stack, I mean more than I could fit into my suitcase, but it really just barely puts a dent in my home decor. LOL. I would keep them well in business if they opened up a store here. One of my most exciting finds, were some curtains I found... I got a really cute striped curtain with a matching valance for $4, and another blue pair of curtains for, get this... $1 for the pair! I have put the stripe valance in my kitchen, and I am going to cut up the matching stripe curtain, to make additional valances for my dining room...The blue ones I am saving for Lukes big boy room, when we have another baby! I had to buy a $5 hand luggage suitcase at the D.I to be able to bring all my things home. LOL.
We were super excited about the trip, and couldn't wait to see family again. It had been a year since our last trip out west, and we were itching for Luke to see his grandma and grandpa and his cousins. We were counting down the almost 2 months until it was time to go. Unfortunately things didn't go so well. We booked out flight there, to leave on a Friday evening, so that Jake could go after work... little did we know that Luke would not sleep on the plane, despite us flying through most of his regular night time sleeping hours. The turbulence was awful on both flights, we circled in the air for an additional hour, due to bad weather holding up the incoming planes, our second flight was delayed, and Jake ended up horribly air sick! We finally arrived at 1:30am (3:30am North Carolina time)... after a nightmare 12 hour journey! For another 3 hours, Luke still would not settle down for the night... finally, he passed out next to us and we all got 3 hours of light, sleep before the sun rose, and the day began! Fortunately Luke settled in perfectly after about 2 days, and he was great for the rest of the week. Jake however spent the first day recovering from his air sickness, and then proceeded to get a cold... As his cold started to improve, I got sick... with a 'mystery illness'... I didn't have typical cold symptoms, but I felt dreadful, and that's how I spent the remainder of the week. So, our exciting family vacation didn't quite goes as we had hoped.
All that said, it was really great to see the family again. I was so excited to see Luke interacting and enjoying time with his cousins. He had a cousin(s) to play with every day that we were there... and he thrived on the attention, and of course he just LOVED his Grandma's endless supply of fun toys, that he could only dream of having here at home. (Oh, how I long for a Deseret Industries to open in North Carolina)
On the topic of the D.I.... I did have some fun while we were there... I shopped at the D.I and raided Sara's shed (Jakes sister), and found a whole stack of little 'treasures' to decorate my very bare home. Of course, by a whole stack, I mean more than I could fit into my suitcase, but it really just barely puts a dent in my home decor. LOL. I would keep them well in business if they opened up a store here. One of my most exciting finds, were some curtains I found... I got a really cute striped curtain with a matching valance for $4, and another blue pair of curtains for, get this... $1 for the pair! I have put the stripe valance in my kitchen, and I am going to cut up the matching stripe curtain, to make additional valances for my dining room...The blue ones I am saving for Lukes big boy room, when we have another baby! I had to buy a $5 hand luggage suitcase at the D.I to be able to bring all my things home. LOL.
DAY 1: MEETING THE FAMILY
PONY RIDES FROM GRANDPA
PICNIC AT THE PARK
LUKE WAS PICKING ALL THE GRAPES OUT OF THE FRUIT BOWL... GRAPES ARE HIS NEW ALL TIME FAVOURITE FOOD!
TIME FOR SWIMMING
LUKE WON'T BE FALLING OUT OF THIS TUBE. lol

HUNTER, ANNABELLE, LUKE & LANDON...
HUNTER, ANNABELLE, LUKE & LANDON...
FEEDING THE BIRDS! lol
COUSIN HUNTER BEING SO CUTE
I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF LUKE AND HUNTER
WE 'TRIED' TO GET A PICTURE OF THE COUSINS... IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SUCH A PERFECT SETTING, BUT LUKE AND KADEN WEREN'T FEELING IT THAT DAY! lol
MY SWEET BOY
A MOMENT WITH MOMMY
'CUDDLING' WITH GRANDMA...
I noticed when looking through the photo's that we got some 'funny' faces and 'views'... I had a good laugh at some of them...
Here are my favourites
Here are my favourites
So despite the illnesses, and the dreadful flight, we still had a great time.
I am very blessed to have a wonderful in-law family... everyone gets on well with everyone, and we always have a great time... chaotic, DEFINITELY, but always good! Sure, the Geddes family have their quirks... as is quite clear in the above picture. LOL... BUT... perhaps that's why I fit in so comfortably... I am not one to claim that I come from a 'normal' gene pool... Just to clue you in a bit, I'll add
MY MOST RECENT FAMILY PHOTO... LOL
I am very blessed to have a wonderful in-law family... everyone gets on well with everyone, and we always have a great time... chaotic, DEFINITELY, but always good! Sure, the Geddes family have their quirks... as is quite clear in the above picture. LOL... BUT... perhaps that's why I fit in so comfortably... I am not one to claim that I come from a 'normal' gene pool... Just to clue you in a bit, I'll add
MY MOST RECENT FAMILY PHOTO... LOL
So life is good... we have great families, and we miss them often! One day, hopefully we'll live closer, and enjoy this 'organized chaos' more often!







1 comment:
It looks like u had a blast! where was the swimming pool at? I am glad u had fun!
Post a Comment