Tuesday, March 9, 2010

SNACK TIME AND RASPBERRIES

Luke is very quickly turning from baby into a little boy. He is just barely cutting his first 2 teeth - they aren't through yet, but you can see them right there - despite his toothlessness though, we have been giving him whatever we eat for about a month or so now. He has had curry, bobotie, chicken, pasta, Talapia and a whole variety of other 'big people' foods. For the most part, he seems to enjoy them - in fact, he is slowly starting to refuse his baby food and just beg from us. LOL.
A new favourite of Luke's which he clearly does not get the taste for from me, is cheese... he LOVES string cheese. Right now we have the mixed cheddar and mozzarella string cheese and he devours one with lunch or at snack time everyday. I have even started packing cheese in the diaper bag, because it keeps him happy if he gets niggly while we are out. LOL. Other favourites of his are canned peaches (I buy the kind in 100% juice, instead of syrup) and mandarin oranges. He also loves yoghurt, and cream cheese or avocado on toast. Note the lack of vegetables mentioned... he hasn't quite developed the taste for big people veggies... so I still have to get a jar of squash or green beans into him every now and then.
Lately, he has also started to realise that the fridge is where we keep the food... if he hears or sees you open the fridge, he is there in a flash, trying to climb in and help himself. 

WHAT SHOULD I HAVE FOR LUNCH?
PERHAPS A MANGO...
...AND MAYBE A DRINK OF LEMON JUICE

The other day Jake was giving Luke some raspberries right after his bath. He has a very hearty laugh, but I just love how his whole face reacts to the ticklish raspberries.

He is growing so fast... in less than 2 months, he will be a 1 year old.

2 comments:

The Cutrells said...

I can't believe he is almost 1! Isn't it crazy how fast it goes. This 2nd year has gone even faster for me.

RACHEL said...

I LOVE CHEESE TOO!! His face is way too funny in those pics!