Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A QUARTER OF A CENTURY

Ok, so yesterday was my birthday... I have officially started the old age milestones... I am now a quarter of a century old... WOW, putting it that way sounds really ancient...

It was a fun day. Jake took the day off cos I hurt my back and was struggling to pick up Luke (perhaps a sign of my sudden aging??? lol), so we made the best of his day off work, and went birthday shopping (shopping doesn't require heavy lifting. lol). I got a gift card from my family, and Jake let me choose out a few things from him... it was lots of fun. I got a few things for the house... a couple picture frames for some pictures I bought a while back that I put in our living room, I also bought some floating shelves for our living room, which we still need to mount, then I got a picture for our bathroom, and a fun little 'chef guy' menu board decoration for in the kitchen. I also got a cute pair of shoes, and a summer dress for church. So it was a great shopping spree. Mid shopping we went to a Japanese restaurant/take out place and had some lunch. When we headed to the car, I spotted another little surprise. Jake had snuck into Harris Teeter and bought me some flowers, and some Lindt mini easter egg truffles, and some chocolate coated oreos... yummy... they were all waiting on the front seat of the car. So sweet.
When we got home, there was a package on the door step...another birthday present. YAY... I really love opening gifts. It was from Kim and Spence... I got a really awesome mini scrapbook kit, with the pages and supplies all included. I have no shortage of photo's to put in there. Now just to find some Luke free time to scrap book the album without having to barricade all the bits and pieces so that chubby little fingers don't snatch them. 
After some rushing around to get the house tidied up, and Jake trying to get his delicious cinnamon rolls baked, a few of our friends arrived for a FHE evening, with some hanging out, chatting, and stuffing our faces on buffalo wings (courtesy of Wayne and the OUTBACK steak house), and some white chocolate raspberry cheese cake, and of course Jakes prize winning cinnamon rolls (though he reckons they only graded at a C+)
Who could believe that 6 adults and 4 young children could possibly create that amount of noise volume. LOL. Luke was LOVING the chaos, and the 3 other boys running around playing together. He didn't whine once, and was totally content to just chase after the other boys, and play in the chaos. Clearly this boy needs a sibling... anyone giving away a 2-4 year old? (I am sooo not ready for another newborn in the house)
And that everyone, was my quarter of a century birthday celebration.

2 comments:

K and M said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad it was fun. By the way, you're welcome to have my 3 year old for a while. That might be the perfect arrangement. You can have him anytime he's going through one of his "phases." (Such as right now.) I guarantee he'd be very entertaining to Luke, just perhaps not the best example. ;)

Tara G. said...

Glad you had a good bday! Wish we could've done something together but maybe in May? Can you officially see Luke's first tooth now? Josh got his 4th one yesterday! So cute.