Luke still has very few words, but his most frequently used phrase (along with 'No') and definitely one of his clearest pronounced words/phrases is 'Thank You'...
A while ago we decided that if he wasn't going to use words to tell us what he wants, that he needs to at least say Please and Thank You when we do give him what he wants (after a tedious guessing game to figure out what it is that he wants)
He is still a tantruming, demanding toddler, but he is a very polite one at that, and I never get tired of hearing his sweet little 'Thank you'...
He says it in this long winded kinda way, 'aaaank yooou' and I just love it.
This morning I just wanted to kiss his cheeky little face to bits...
He woke up at about 6am, kinda crying and whining like he does if he wakes up in the night...
He was groggy, and sleepy still. I tucked him back in and then realised that his sippy cup was empty, so I quickly went to get him some more water.
When I went back into the room and handed it to him, through his groggy eyes, he looked up and me and said a sleepy, but so sweet, 'aaaank yooou'... LOL.. I just wanted to eat him up... he even has his manners in his sleep :)
Something else that he has started doing too, is he'll say thank you over and over again, until you acknowledge his 'gratitude' by saying, 'You're welcome'. LOL... There have been a few times where in a rush I'll get what he needs/wants, and then dart off... and about 5 aaank yooou's later, I realise that I have my little monkey tight at my heels following me and waiting for me to say, 'you're welcome'
Last night we went to the grocery store, and in the car, Luke started pointing to the center console and repeatedly saying 'thank you'... it was his way of asking for the candy that he knows we keep in the console. LOL... I guess he knows that if he is polite and cute about it, that we'll give him some... and he was right. LOL
I love my sweet little boy, and the cute things that he does
A while ago we decided that if he wasn't going to use words to tell us what he wants, that he needs to at least say Please and Thank You when we do give him what he wants (after a tedious guessing game to figure out what it is that he wants)
He is still a tantruming, demanding toddler, but he is a very polite one at that, and I never get tired of hearing his sweet little 'Thank you'...
He says it in this long winded kinda way, 'aaaank yooou' and I just love it.
This morning I just wanted to kiss his cheeky little face to bits...
He woke up at about 6am, kinda crying and whining like he does if he wakes up in the night...
He was groggy, and sleepy still. I tucked him back in and then realised that his sippy cup was empty, so I quickly went to get him some more water.
When I went back into the room and handed it to him, through his groggy eyes, he looked up and me and said a sleepy, but so sweet, 'aaaank yooou'... LOL.. I just wanted to eat him up... he even has his manners in his sleep :)
Something else that he has started doing too, is he'll say thank you over and over again, until you acknowledge his 'gratitude' by saying, 'You're welcome'. LOL... There have been a few times where in a rush I'll get what he needs/wants, and then dart off... and about 5 aaank yooou's later, I realise that I have my little monkey tight at my heels following me and waiting for me to say, 'you're welcome'
Last night we went to the grocery store, and in the car, Luke started pointing to the center console and repeatedly saying 'thank you'... it was his way of asking for the candy that he knows we keep in the console. LOL... I guess he knows that if he is polite and cute about it, that we'll give him some... and he was right. LOL
I love my sweet little boy, and the cute things that he does






1 comment:
That's so cute!!!!
Post a Comment