Since my less than happy blog post on Sunday, we've had some good moments, and some bad moments, but I think Luke has sensed that his mommy needed a break, because for the most part, he has been a bit easier the last 3 days.
He's cracked me up a few times this week, so I thought I'd share a few of his sweet and funny moments.
On Monday morning, we all had a bit of a sleep in. Jake didn't have to be at work until 9am because he was working later that day due to a conference call to Japan, so we lay in a bit, and even Luke didn't wake up until 8am. Luke however has a very active bladder at night and despite us using thicker, overnight diapers, he often will still leak through by morning, just because of the quantity of pee in his diaper.
Anyway, I went into his room at 8am when he woke up, and I checked his sheets, and of course, they were wet... my response, "ah Crap" (it was only like the gazillionth time I've changed his sheets)... Luke who barely says any words at all, copied my exclamation with an attempt at, "ah Crap", sounding something like, "Ah Cra"
Yes, I shouldn't have laughed at my cursing child, but he caught me by such surprise, especially given his lack of vocabulary and it was pretty funny... so Jake and I both had a chuckle. I guess I need to start working on watching my own mouth. LOL
Monday, to my absolute joy turned out to be a much needed pleasant day with Luke... after my blog post on Sunday, and how much I was dreading the new week, I really appreciated his sweet, funny temperament while we ran errands together and hung out at home.
Yesterday, Luke walked into the living room with only a diaper on cos I hadn't dressed him yet. He must have realised for the first time ever that there was something in his diaper, because he proceeded to stick his finger into the leg of his diaper and then pull it out and look at the poop on his finger... when he realised it wasn't anything pleasant, he looked at me and started to cry. LOL...
A couple hours later I got out the shower, only to find Luke rinsing his toothbrush (that had toothpaste on it) in my drinking water glass... Kids are SO gross. LOL
Today we had a fun day at the park, followed by a MEGA nap... the longest nap Luke has taken in forever... of course, after such a huge nap, he woke up chirpy as can be. It was already 5pm so I asked him if he was hungry and wanted dinner... he got all giddy, ran into the kitchen where he got a bowl out of the cupboard and handed it to me for his dinner.. he then went and patiently waited at the table with his arms folded so we could bless the food and eat... I love that he is so sweet about blessing his food before he eats :)
Another quirk Luke has is his movie selection antics... Luke likes to watch DVD's, but when we allow him to watch one he likes to pick it out himself, and then put it into the DVD player and press play himself too.
However, what should be a 2 minute job of getting a movie on, usually takes us 10 minutes, because Luke sits on the floor pulling out one DVD at a time, and then meticulously looks over the characters on the cover, opens it up and stares at the DVD a while, and then puts it back on the shelf, just to pick another one and do the exact same thing. FINALLY, he'll decide on one and we'll get it started. We've learned to just let him be, because while he is 'deciding', there is no convincing him which one to watch. LOL.. he'll decide when he's ready.
Not anything funny or sweet, but I have taken Lukes bed guard rail off of his bed and for the past 2 nights and 2 nap times he has slept on his big bed without the rail to keep him from falling off. With how frequently I have to change his sheets, it was just a really big pain with the rail on, and it's also quite high which was getting uncomfortable for me with my growing belly, when I had to lean over it to put Luke into bed if he had already fallen asleep in the car etc.
So far, he has done really well... 4 sleeps in the bed with no falls yet...
Hopefully the rest of the week will continue to be an improvement from the last few weeks.
He's cracked me up a few times this week, so I thought I'd share a few of his sweet and funny moments.
On Monday morning, we all had a bit of a sleep in. Jake didn't have to be at work until 9am because he was working later that day due to a conference call to Japan, so we lay in a bit, and even Luke didn't wake up until 8am. Luke however has a very active bladder at night and despite us using thicker, overnight diapers, he often will still leak through by morning, just because of the quantity of pee in his diaper.
Anyway, I went into his room at 8am when he woke up, and I checked his sheets, and of course, they were wet... my response, "ah Crap" (it was only like the gazillionth time I've changed his sheets)... Luke who barely says any words at all, copied my exclamation with an attempt at, "ah Crap", sounding something like, "Ah Cra"
Yes, I shouldn't have laughed at my cursing child, but he caught me by such surprise, especially given his lack of vocabulary and it was pretty funny... so Jake and I both had a chuckle. I guess I need to start working on watching my own mouth. LOL
Monday, to my absolute joy turned out to be a much needed pleasant day with Luke... after my blog post on Sunday, and how much I was dreading the new week, I really appreciated his sweet, funny temperament while we ran errands together and hung out at home.
Yesterday, Luke walked into the living room with only a diaper on cos I hadn't dressed him yet. He must have realised for the first time ever that there was something in his diaper, because he proceeded to stick his finger into the leg of his diaper and then pull it out and look at the poop on his finger... when he realised it wasn't anything pleasant, he looked at me and started to cry. LOL...
A couple hours later I got out the shower, only to find Luke rinsing his toothbrush (that had toothpaste on it) in my drinking water glass... Kids are SO gross. LOL
Today we had a fun day at the park, followed by a MEGA nap... the longest nap Luke has taken in forever... of course, after such a huge nap, he woke up chirpy as can be. It was already 5pm so I asked him if he was hungry and wanted dinner... he got all giddy, ran into the kitchen where he got a bowl out of the cupboard and handed it to me for his dinner.. he then went and patiently waited at the table with his arms folded so we could bless the food and eat... I love that he is so sweet about blessing his food before he eats :)
Another quirk Luke has is his movie selection antics... Luke likes to watch DVD's, but when we allow him to watch one he likes to pick it out himself, and then put it into the DVD player and press play himself too.
However, what should be a 2 minute job of getting a movie on, usually takes us 10 minutes, because Luke sits on the floor pulling out one DVD at a time, and then meticulously looks over the characters on the cover, opens it up and stares at the DVD a while, and then puts it back on the shelf, just to pick another one and do the exact same thing. FINALLY, he'll decide on one and we'll get it started. We've learned to just let him be, because while he is 'deciding', there is no convincing him which one to watch. LOL.. he'll decide when he's ready.
Not anything funny or sweet, but I have taken Lukes bed guard rail off of his bed and for the past 2 nights and 2 nap times he has slept on his big bed without the rail to keep him from falling off. With how frequently I have to change his sheets, it was just a really big pain with the rail on, and it's also quite high which was getting uncomfortable for me with my growing belly, when I had to lean over it to put Luke into bed if he had already fallen asleep in the car etc.
So far, he has done really well... 4 sleeps in the bed with no falls yet...
Hopefully the rest of the week will continue to be an improvement from the last few weeks.






No comments:
Post a Comment