Sunday, December 5, 2010

THE FIRST SNOW FALL

Though a little early for a typical North Carolina winter, we got our first snow storm last night. We had about 2 inches stick by morning, so this morning we made sure to get ready for church a few minutes early so that we could take Luke out to 'play' in the snow before heading to church. (It was almost melted by the time church ended) We did take him out in it a couple times last year, but being that he was only 8 months old, it didn't mean much to him. This morning, he looked so cute in his new winter coat, and the winter boots that his Gogga bought for him. He was quite intrigued by the crunchy white stuff that covered the ground, though I do think it fascinated him a little more yesterday when I took him over to the neighbours house with me, because then the snow was still falling. He laughed when snow flakes hit his face, and had his hand stretched out trying to catch them. I think our little boy, might take after his daddy, and grow to love a good snow storm.

3 comments:

Cassidee Garner said...

My sister said Her husband was mowing the lawn and it was snowing! I started laughing! Luke is Getting So Big!

RACHEL said...

Hooray for snow! the boys and i got out and had a snowball fight, it was great!

Along the way . . . said...

How fun. I'm sort of jealous. Boston is freezing right now and we haven't seen one single snow flake yet this season.

P.S. Don't let that deter you from visiting.