Thursday, April 1, 2010

YOUNG MINDS

Today, I was watching Luke eat his lunch, and suddenly I realised just how smart his little mind is. I am sure this is completely normal, but I was fascinated by what I saw.
Luke was sitting in his seat, with his tray, and I had put some peanut butter toast squares and chopped up canned peaches on his tray. After a few tastes of both, he decided he preferred the peach over the toast, so he proceeded to move all of his toast squares out of the way, and was picking only the peach... now of course, this isn't a great skill, BUT I thought about it and figured it was pretty smart... no one had ever taught Luke how to differentiate between two things, he hasn't learned his colours and shapes yet, but he was able to distinguish the difference between which bits were the toast and which bits were the peach... and he wanted the peach. Perhaps I give my child too much credit for simple things... but I think it fascinating how their little minds learn.

On a funny note, I put Luke down for a nap today, and then once I was sure he was asleep, went back in to his room to cover him up (no point in covering him when I first put him to bed, cos he just kicks it all off and ends of lying on the blankets. lol)...anyway, he had some how managed to fall asleep with both his feet sticking out between the bars of the crib.

Silly boy!

4 comments:

Cassidee Garner said...

How funny!! He is getting so big!

Tricia said...

lol! that is so funny!

The Cutrells said...

That's pretty funny!

RACHEL said...

i'm surprised his chunky feet fit through there!!! seriously kidding! I think luke is smart to, it is amazing because those little things are hard for them, and they just learn so quickly