Things over the past couple weeks have gotten interesting in our home.
Luke has picked his personality... and it's a challenging one. Our little boy has become quite high maintenance and oh so demanding. Jake and I have started saying 'good thing he is so darn cute' a lot lately... as some days I think that's the only reason that we all survive.
THE CUTE FACE THAT KEEPS US SANE
His latest thing is that we are not allowed to put him down during the day... if we do, we encounter the wrath of Luke, which isn't pretty. He gets himself so worked up into complete hysterics, and aside from being completely frustrating, it breaks my heart to see him so upset.

THE WRATH OF LUKE
So, the last few days in particular, have been interesting. I have spent most of each day, holding him PERMANENTLY... when he eats and when he sleeps, and when he is awake.
THE CLOSEST THING TO PUTTING HIM DOWN... THIS IS HOW MOMMY RESTS!
Some days I don't get anything done, not even getting dressed, because I haven't got a minute where he isn't in my arms, and other days, I get a very odd and random opportunity that in desperation I put to full use. This morning, one of those random opportunities presented itself.
I took Luke into the nursery to change him. By the time I was done changing him, he was lying contently on his change pad, just looking up and talking in his cute baby talk. I didn't dare pick him up while he was so happy, or I wouldn't get this lucky chance again. Sooo.... I decided to pick up the entire change pad, with Luke lying on it, and walk to my room, where I put the change pad onto my dresser, and proceeded to start blow drying my hair... the hair dryer then put him to sleep, so I was able to do my make-up too. LOL.
DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES
A FUNNY STORY... 'Baby Brain'
Today, I dropped Luke off at a friend for a few hours, (his first time with a sitter) so that I could get the packing done for our trip to Utah tomorrow. On the way home, I decided to stop at Kroger, to buy some juice while it was on sale. I walk into the store, grab a cart and fill it with juice bottles and a box of eggs. I headed to the self serve check out, where I scanned the first bottle of juice, only to realise that I needed to scan my Kroger card, in order to get the sale price. So I start looking for my wallet, but I can't find it. So embarrassingly, I push my cart to the staff lady, and ask her to keep it while I go to the car to find my wallet. I search the car high and low... no wallet. So I call Michelle, who is baby sitting Luke and ask her to check the diaper bag (I usually keep it in there when I am out)... no wallet. So I head back into the shop, to tell the lady holding my stuff that I can't pay for it because I can't find my wallet. She procedes to tell me that my wallet is in the cart. So with a blushing face I head back to the scanner and start again. Now, I open my wallet to get out my Kroger card... no Kroger card... then I realise that my key chain Kroger card is on my keys... which are IN THE CAR... so I head back to the staff lady to tell her that I need to go find my Kroger card, and can she please keep my groceries again... she felt sorry for me, so just scanned her card. PHEW... finally, I am making my purchases... then, I bump over my shopping bag, which drops to the floor, and there go all my juice bottles, flying across the floor... so I gather up my stuff again and head out the door. I am heading to the car when I decide to call Jake and tell him about my Kroger mishaps, so I am on the phone with him while loading my grocery bags into the car.. then I look in my hand and see that I only have my wallet and my car keys in my hand, so my heart drops as I begin to tell Jake that after all that drama, I now can't find my cellphone... only to then realise that my cellphone is glued to my ear, while I am speaking to him on it...
WHAT A DAY... needless to say, I am now heading to my room, for a nap, because I quite obviously am sleep deprived.
Luke has picked his personality... and it's a challenging one. Our little boy has become quite high maintenance and oh so demanding. Jake and I have started saying 'good thing he is so darn cute' a lot lately... as some days I think that's the only reason that we all survive.
His latest thing is that we are not allowed to put him down during the day... if we do, we encounter the wrath of Luke, which isn't pretty. He gets himself so worked up into complete hysterics, and aside from being completely frustrating, it breaks my heart to see him so upset.
So, the last few days in particular, have been interesting. I have spent most of each day, holding him PERMANENTLY... when he eats and when he sleeps, and when he is awake.
Some days I don't get anything done, not even getting dressed, because I haven't got a minute where he isn't in my arms, and other days, I get a very odd and random opportunity that in desperation I put to full use. This morning, one of those random opportunities presented itself.
I took Luke into the nursery to change him. By the time I was done changing him, he was lying contently on his change pad, just looking up and talking in his cute baby talk. I didn't dare pick him up while he was so happy, or I wouldn't get this lucky chance again. Sooo.... I decided to pick up the entire change pad, with Luke lying on it, and walk to my room, where I put the change pad onto my dresser, and proceeded to start blow drying my hair... the hair dryer then put him to sleep, so I was able to do my make-up too. LOL.
A FUNNY STORY... 'Baby Brain'
Today, I dropped Luke off at a friend for a few hours, (his first time with a sitter) so that I could get the packing done for our trip to Utah tomorrow. On the way home, I decided to stop at Kroger, to buy some juice while it was on sale. I walk into the store, grab a cart and fill it with juice bottles and a box of eggs. I headed to the self serve check out, where I scanned the first bottle of juice, only to realise that I needed to scan my Kroger card, in order to get the sale price. So I start looking for my wallet, but I can't find it. So embarrassingly, I push my cart to the staff lady, and ask her to keep it while I go to the car to find my wallet. I search the car high and low... no wallet. So I call Michelle, who is baby sitting Luke and ask her to check the diaper bag (I usually keep it in there when I am out)... no wallet. So I head back into the shop, to tell the lady holding my stuff that I can't pay for it because I can't find my wallet. She procedes to tell me that my wallet is in the cart. So with a blushing face I head back to the scanner and start again. Now, I open my wallet to get out my Kroger card... no Kroger card... then I realise that my key chain Kroger card is on my keys... which are IN THE CAR... so I head back to the staff lady to tell her that I need to go find my Kroger card, and can she please keep my groceries again... she felt sorry for me, so just scanned her card. PHEW... finally, I am making my purchases... then, I bump over my shopping bag, which drops to the floor, and there go all my juice bottles, flying across the floor... so I gather up my stuff again and head out the door. I am heading to the car when I decide to call Jake and tell him about my Kroger mishaps, so I am on the phone with him while loading my grocery bags into the car.. then I look in my hand and see that I only have my wallet and my car keys in my hand, so my heart drops as I begin to tell Jake that after all that drama, I now can't find my cellphone... only to then realise that my cellphone is glued to my ear, while I am speaking to him on it...
WHAT A DAY... needless to say, I am now heading to my room, for a nap, because I quite obviously am sleep deprived.






7 comments:
oh my word carla that is sooo mommy brain- it only gets worse you know- sometimes i struggle to remember my own name!!! as for Luke being high maintenance- hellooo? look at his genes- your half alone would make for a high maintenance child...hee,hee! good luck, he is so gorgeous and worth it! love jess
You poor thing! I'm so sorry you are going through such a hard time right now, I hope it gets better soon!!! Just think, you'll both look back on this and laugh...or decide you don't want any more kids. J/K Have a great trip and take advantage of all the help you will get!!
LOL!!! Just remember, this too shall pass! Please call me if/when you want any help! I am more than willing to have a baby for a few hours so mom can regroup!
You poor thing! I was laughing when I read it! I've done things like that before. Like today when I put Carters play bubbles in the fridge instead of the cupboard!
Luke and Chase are made from the same mold...or maybe babies are all similar, but I am experiencing the same wrath you are when I try to put the little one down. I thought it was ingenious of you to move the whole changing pad. Brilliant. I keep hearing it all gets easier after the first month. We shall soon see.
Oh Carla! That's SO funny! I've had a few of those moments myself, but you do a much better job putting it to words than I would. Hope your trip goes smoothly. Hopefully, I'll be around more when you return to help watch your little stinker while you dress, eat, or take a much needed nap! Hugs to you!
Oh dear, Carla, I'm sorry but I could not help LOL, that is all quite normal I'm afraid.
I'm glad you are finding a bit of time for yourself, even if it is in fits and starts. It does get easier, I promise.
Post a Comment