So today I am both 28 weeks pregnant, and 29 years old.
First day of my last trimester, and the first day of my last year in my 20's.
First day of my last trimester, and the first day of my last year in my 20's.
| 1 year older, and 1 trimester away from being the mom of 3 :) |
Things didn't exactly go according to plan, but all turned out ok in the end.
We had planned a fun day at the zoo with the kids... welcoming in spring, and a birthday outing all wrapped in one, and then Jake and I had a dinner date planned for tonight.
Instead, both my kiddo's got hit with a really yucky stomach virus this week (Kate's bout was just yesterday) and mother nature decided not to make today a particularly 'springy' day.
So, our plans have been put on hold.
Instead, I attended a preschool event this morning with Luke.
We got to hold a big python, :p

We just hung out at home for the afternoon.
Jake treated us to a yummy grilled chicken dinner, and I bought a delicious Chocolate tuxedo mousse cake for dessert. (A birthday just isn't a birthday without cake!)
We had planned a fun day at the zoo with the kids... welcoming in spring, and a birthday outing all wrapped in one, and then Jake and I had a dinner date planned for tonight.
Instead, both my kiddo's got hit with a really yucky stomach virus this week (Kate's bout was just yesterday) and mother nature decided not to make today a particularly 'springy' day.
So, our plans have been put on hold.
Instead, I attended a preschool event this morning with Luke.
We got to hold a big python, :p
We just hung out at home for the afternoon.
Jake treated us to a yummy grilled chicken dinner, and I bought a delicious Chocolate tuxedo mousse cake for dessert. (A birthday just isn't a birthday without cake!)
I was also spoiled by some wonderful friends.
An unexpected knock on the door, and my sweet friend had brought me the beautiful tulips that are on our dinner table
I also got some yummy homemade cookies from my other awesome friend yesterday... sadly no picture because they've already been eaten. lol :p
It wasn't the day I had in mind... but underneath the overcast weather, and rough week I had, is my wonderful family, and my thoughtful, kind friends. Life is good.. even when it doesn't go according to plan :)
An unexpected knock on the door, and my sweet friend had brought me the beautiful tulips that are on our dinner table
I also got some yummy homemade cookies from my other awesome friend yesterday... sadly no picture because they've already been eaten. lol :p
It wasn't the day I had in mind... but underneath the overcast weather, and rough week I had, is my wonderful family, and my thoughtful, kind friends. Life is good.. even when it doesn't go according to plan :)






No comments:
Post a Comment