Thursday, January 19, 2012

4 MONTHS OLD


Kate turned 4 months old on Monday.
Today was her check up and shots at the pediatrician.
She is still an itty bitty, petite little girl.
Her 4 month Stats are:

Weight: 11lb 14oz (5.38kg) - 10th percentile
Height: 23 inches (58.4cm) - 10th percentile
Head: 15.75 inches (40cm) - 25th percentile

She really is sooo different to Luke who was 98th percentile for weight at 4 months, weighing a whopping 17lb 7oz (7.91kg) lol
She is still a fairly content, happy little girl. She LOVES to talk, and will talk to just about anyone who will listen :)
She's started to roll onto her side a lot, but hasn't quite made it over onto her belly or vice versa just yet.
She loves to suck her fingers and her fist.. until they go bright red. lol, and she frequently sucks her thumb now too.
Despite her small size, she's got chubby little cheeks, and she is really strong. She sits upright when supported, and holds her head up well, and she LOVES to stand if you just hold her hands for support.
She is such an absolute joy in our family. She LOVES her daddy, and I think both their favourite time of day is the before bed cuddling she gets to do on her daddy's shoulder. She snuggles right up on his shoulder (she rarely does it with me. lol), and just cuddles with him until bedtime. Jake loves it just as much if not more... often I have to remind him to go put her in her crib, because I think he'd just hold her all night if he could.. he says that she's like a drug that he's addicted to. LOL
She has us both (though I think more her daddy) wrapped around those cute little fingers.

She also enjoys her big brother's company now. Luke has become quite a sweet big brother, and seems to care quite a bit for Kate sometimes. Just the other day I was in the shower, and heard Kate fussing over the monitor. A couple minutes later I heard Luke in the nursery. I went in after my shower to see what was going on, and there was Luke, hanging over the crib railing trying his best to reach her so he could put her pacifier in her mouth.. but he just couldn't quite reach. What a sweet big brother. We're so grateful that he's warmed up to her so nicely, and in no time at all, they will be playing together and be great buddies.

Such big beautiful eyes
"I love my big brother" - chatting with Luke :p


I'm slowing learning to sit supported. It's a change from always just staring up at the ceiling :)



Chubby cheeks and a cheesy little smile :)

1 comment:

Tara G. said...

I cant believe she is already 4 months! She is a curie!!