Thursday, July 28, 2011

32 WEEK APPT

Today was my 32 week prenatal appointment.
My weight gain is right on track, my blood pressure is good, and Kate's heart beat was strong and steady. I am however measuring a bit on the small side.
I'm 32 weeks and measuring only 30cm. I should be measuring close to 32cm, as your measurements generally correlate with how many weeks you are.
There is leeway to be up to 2cm over or under the weeks that you are, but anything above 2cm, they generally start checking that baby is growing on track etc.
They'll be checking my uterus size closely in 2 weeks at my next appointment.
If I am over 2cm out, then they'll have to make sure that little Kate is growing well, and that my amniotic fluid isn't low.
So hopefully Kate will have a nice little growth spurt over the next 2 weeks and I'll be appropriately whale sized so that there is no need for concern :)

On a funnier note... trust my husband to make me feel like a whale despite the 'small' circumstances. LOL.
I called him when I left the OB office, and told him how the appointment went.
Our conversation went something like this...

Me: So I'm measuring about 2cm out
Jake: Oh, so you're BIG!
Me: Um, no, I'm measuring SMALL
Jake: Ooohhh!
Me: LOL.. way to make me feel like a whale, automatically presuming that I must be measuring BIG, and not small.
Jake. LOL. (Oops)

I guess all Jake sees is a big belly, regardless of whether it's size appropriate or not. LOL


No comments: