Luke is going to be a big brother in September.
The bad news:
This pregnancy started out really easy... well practically symptom free... very little fatigue and just about no morning sickness. Then, at about 6 weeks, I felt the all too familiar retching feeling in my stomach that I got with Luke, and it's been down hill since then...
I am back on medications that do little to nothing for the sickness, and struggling to keep down anything... solid or liquid. Throwing up 15 or more times a day is definitely not pleasant, and it leaves me feeling thoroughly wiped out and exhausted. I won't be surprised if we need to make another trip to the ER for IV fluids with this pregnancy. I feel like I'm replaying my first pregnancy over at this point.
Unfortunately this time, I have the added task of still needing to be functional so that I can take care of Luke. It's all proving to be quite a challenge.. and a miserable one at that.
Jake and I really want 3 children, but I'm starting to really hope that this one is a girl, so that we will have one of each, because then I think I'll stop there. Although I'm grateful for how easily we've managed to get pregnant each time, and that I have a healthy boy, with another hopefully healthy little one on the way, pregnancy is not a good experience for me. In fact, it's probably the most miserable experience of my life, and it takes a toll on my body that I never imagined it could. I love my sweet boy, and I know I will love this little one just as much, but I think I might be done after this. I can't imagine putting myself through this a third time. I had so hoped the 2nd time would be better, but so far that's proving to be wrong. I guess not everyone is built for pregnancy. I'd rather be a happy, healthy mother of 2, than an unhealthy, struggling mother of 3 or 4
So that's our exciting but currently miserable news.
Here's hoping it gets better soon...
The bad news:
This pregnancy started out really easy... well practically symptom free... very little fatigue and just about no morning sickness. Then, at about 6 weeks, I felt the all too familiar retching feeling in my stomach that I got with Luke, and it's been down hill since then...
I am back on medications that do little to nothing for the sickness, and struggling to keep down anything... solid or liquid. Throwing up 15 or more times a day is definitely not pleasant, and it leaves me feeling thoroughly wiped out and exhausted. I won't be surprised if we need to make another trip to the ER for IV fluids with this pregnancy. I feel like I'm replaying my first pregnancy over at this point.
Unfortunately this time, I have the added task of still needing to be functional so that I can take care of Luke. It's all proving to be quite a challenge.. and a miserable one at that.
Jake and I really want 3 children, but I'm starting to really hope that this one is a girl, so that we will have one of each, because then I think I'll stop there. Although I'm grateful for how easily we've managed to get pregnant each time, and that I have a healthy boy, with another hopefully healthy little one on the way, pregnancy is not a good experience for me. In fact, it's probably the most miserable experience of my life, and it takes a toll on my body that I never imagined it could. I love my sweet boy, and I know I will love this little one just as much, but I think I might be done after this. I can't imagine putting myself through this a third time. I had so hoped the 2nd time would be better, but so far that's proving to be wrong. I guess not everyone is built for pregnancy. I'd rather be a happy, healthy mother of 2, than an unhealthy, struggling mother of 3 or 4
So that's our exciting but currently miserable news.
Here's hoping it gets better soon...






4 comments:
I have wanted to say something on fb but it's a bit of a public place to set myself up for ridicule, that is exactly the reason I am a mother of one, rather be a good mom to one than a bad mom to two just for the sake of having 2. I had always wanted 4 children and then I had one and things changed drastically. After my miscarriage, I couldn't cope anymore so we decided to stop trying and be happy with just one. It works for us.
Congrats! I've been waiting and wondering when you'd announce another one coming. I'm happy for you, although sorry you feel so lousy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's a girl. :)
Congratulations! and..that stinks! Good luck
Congrats!!
Post a Comment