Jake always laughs at me, because I am such a planner... I compulsively plan things WAY ahead of time! Well, we plan to move Luke into a his big boy room around his 2nd birthday... that next May... 7 months from now. However, I have already spent the last couple months looking for a good deal on linen, and working on theme ideas etc. So now, 7 months before he even needs the room, we have his big boy linen, matching valance, wall decal stickers, dressers, and nightstand... all we need is a bed, and we're completely ready for him to move over. LOL...That's just how I roll! LOL.
Anyway, I found some linen on clearance on Target.com... it is a cute trucks and cars themed comforter set, so I grabbed it up (just in time too, cos the next day it was no longer available).
This is just a stock photo of the comforter set... it is really brightly coloured when you see it in person, and the underside is in blue, red, green and yellow plaid... very cute!
Anyway, I found some linen on clearance on Target.com... it is a cute trucks and cars themed comforter set, so I grabbed it up (just in time too, cos the next day it was no longer available).
This is just a stock photo of the comforter set... it is really brightly coloured when you see it in person, and the underside is in blue, red, green and yellow plaid... very cute!
I decided to do a little art project for his wall, to match his linen. I had seen some little paintings that a friend had bought for her little boy, that matched his bedroom theme, and loved the idea, but being cheap and on a budget, I decided to try my hand at painting some myself. I am not an artist by any means, and don't have the steadiest hand, but I figured, it's for a toddler room.. I hardly think he'll care if his mom doesn't paint like Picaso. LOL.
So, I bought a 3 pack of canvases from the art shop for just over $3, and some $0.75 ribbon I found in the clearance section, and started my project. (I already have paints)
I chose 3 vehicles I liked from the linen I bought, and painted each one onto a canvas.
And, this is the result! About $5 and 5 hours later!




Though if you look closely, you'll see the definite proof of my unsteady hand... I was pretty chuffed with my accomplishment.. not bad for an amateur! :)
So, I bought a 3 pack of canvases from the art shop for just over $3, and some $0.75 ribbon I found in the clearance section, and started my project. (I already have paints)
I chose 3 vehicles I liked from the linen I bought, and painted each one onto a canvas.
And, this is the result! About $5 and 5 hours later!
Though if you look closely, you'll see the definite proof of my unsteady hand... I was pretty chuffed with my accomplishment.. not bad for an amateur! :)






3 comments:
That is pretty impressive. James has been in his big boy room for almost 2 years now and he still oes not have a theme, lol. I have promised myself that when we move he will get a themed room. I even ordered the swatches to makes matching curtains.
SOOOOO CUTE! I am proud of you Carla!
So cute!! I'm impressed. Now I sincerely hope you don't get sick of it before 7 months is up! ;)
Post a Comment