I have managed to get a few nice pictures and videos of Luke and Jake recently, so I decided to do a 'Daddy and Me' blog post.
I have such good looking men in my life!

Jake and Luke play quite a bit in the evenings. Luke has chosen which parent has which role... daddy is for fun, and mommy is for cuddles. He is showing signs of turning into a mommy's boy, so he often fusses until Jake hands him over to me, however, he knows that his daddy is definitely more fun than mommy.
One of Jake and Lukes favourite games is 'stack and crash'... Jake builds a tower out of Lukes stacking cups, and then Luke knocks them over and enjoys hearing them crash to the floor. Luke becomes extremely determined to knock over those cups...sometimes so much so, that Jake struggles to just get all 10 quickly stacked. I got a video of them playing their game the other night...you can see Lukes determination in the video. LOL
Luke is still not saying any words, part of which might be because he is processing two languages (Jake speaks a lot of Japanese to him, while I only speak English to him) and partly because I think his ear infections from ages 6-9 months limited his ability to hear properly, so he didn't learn to process language as early as most. Despite his slow language development, Jake and Luke seem quite able to communicate in other ways. The next video is what I call, "A Male Bonding Ritual". lol
Yesterday we went to a friends birthday party... Lukes little buddy, Carson turned 3.
Carson got a bicycle for his birthday, so Luke decided to try it out.
After the party, we hung out in the car for a while, so that Daddy could teach Luke to drive.
You gotta teach kids young these days. lol
These are just a few pictures that I thought were kinda cute.
Luke found a low window at the party, and was staring out at something. I love how he leans on the window sill.
Luke 'on the go' before the party.
Don't you just love those sandals. LOL
I have such good looking men in my life!
Jake and Luke play quite a bit in the evenings. Luke has chosen which parent has which role... daddy is for fun, and mommy is for cuddles. He is showing signs of turning into a mommy's boy, so he often fusses until Jake hands him over to me, however, he knows that his daddy is definitely more fun than mommy.
One of Jake and Lukes favourite games is 'stack and crash'... Jake builds a tower out of Lukes stacking cups, and then Luke knocks them over and enjoys hearing them crash to the floor. Luke becomes extremely determined to knock over those cups...sometimes so much so, that Jake struggles to just get all 10 quickly stacked. I got a video of them playing their game the other night...you can see Lukes determination in the video. LOL
Luke is still not saying any words, part of which might be because he is processing two languages (Jake speaks a lot of Japanese to him, while I only speak English to him) and partly because I think his ear infections from ages 6-9 months limited his ability to hear properly, so he didn't learn to process language as early as most. Despite his slow language development, Jake and Luke seem quite able to communicate in other ways. The next video is what I call, "A Male Bonding Ritual". lol
Yesterday we went to a friends birthday party... Lukes little buddy, Carson turned 3.
Carson got a bicycle for his birthday, so Luke decided to try it out.
After the party, we hung out in the car for a while, so that Daddy could teach Luke to drive.
You gotta teach kids young these days. lol
These are just a few pictures that I thought were kinda cute.
Luke found a low window at the party, and was staring out at something. I love how he leans on the window sill.
Luke 'on the go' before the party.
Don't you just love those sandals. LOL






2 comments:
Josh went the opposite route - he is fine vocally but physically was just not doing it. Glad he is at least crawling and showing more interest now that he is feeling better. Josh heard the laughing and squeeling from the video and crawled over to see Luke, then he clapped. He misses him! I just know it!
I like the sandles !! Sorry I dont know how to spell this second!! I love the 1st vedio! so fun!
Post a Comment