Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW IN NORTH CAROLINA

There is snow outside. It's the first snow fall of the season... and the season is more than half over. I think I can live with that. It's actually kinda pretty right now (which is something I don't usually say about snow). Having lived in Michigan, where snow is just a nuisance, and gets dirty, and slushy, I am not a big fan...but here in Elm City, it is looking kinda beautiful today. It is undisturbed and clean.
We took Luke out into it this morning... poor guy looked like a marshmallow, because the only snow suit we have is for a 2 year old, BUT it worked for the few minutes we were out. I can't say he was particularly interested, because we took him out at breakfast time, and he was just letting us know that he hadn't had his cereal yet. LOL.

Funny thing about snow in North Carolina is that the state pretty much shuts down when it snows. Because of how uncommon the snow is here, they are just not equipped to handle it. For instance, we live on a 55mph highway, and when we woke up this morning it was covered in snow...it's now 5:40pm and it still has not been plowed, so the few cars that have dared to venture out today are crawling up our street.
As a result of this 'HUGE' storm that has come by (It really is nothing more than a typical winter day in Michigan) church for tomorrow has been canceled. Jake and I had a good laugh about that. Someone on Facebook commented on my profile, saying that things have probably shut down here because the state only has one snow plow and it's probably parked in Raleigh. LOL
Anyway, enough joking.

Well, we have had a nice family day at home, and will be enjoying another tomorrow.
Every now and then you need a weekend that keeps you indoors together.

(That said, I am still completely itching to take my new car - a separate post will follow soon-  for a test drive)


1 comment:

Valerie C. said...

When I opened your blog it looked way to springy! With the sunny weather picture in warm S.A. and the cute new background, don't worry, I felt a little better when I saw the snowy picture! Looks like it was a fun trip, but it's always nice to be home!