Today was an exciting day. Jake and I went for my Nuchal Translucency scan... it was FANTASTIC. I was so excited, well except for all the waiting with a full and very uncomfortable bladder, part. On the screen, we could see 'Bean' bouncing up and down like a little monkey, and waving a hand at us. The silly little thing was also sticking his/her tongue out at us quite a bit.. Jake said, "It is definitely YOUR child"... LOL... I do have a history of 'ODD' genetics in my family that have resulted in some rather interesting people, so I wouldn't be surprised if we just add to that with a little odd ball of our own. LOL...it would make my mother so proud. :D
The doctor who did the scan said that everything looked great, and it certainly seemed that way while watching our little jumping bean on the screen. The Nuchal fluid measurement was low, which is good, and there is a visible nasal bone, which is a good sign when you are checking for Downs Syndrome. They also did a finger prick blood test, which will finalise the scan results and give me a risk ratio for our chances of 'Bean' having Downs... we will get those results in 7-10 days, though neither of us are worried. Everything looked great, and we are pretty sure that it will continue on that way.
Picture #1 Baby Geddes at 12 weeks 6 days
Picture #2 Silly baby sticking out a tongue at us
Picture #1 Scary Halloween baby looking at us
Picture #2 Baby sticking out another tongue and waving a little hand above his/her nose








1 comment:
Oh I'm having very sweet memories come flodding back, I hope I get to do all this again.
I hope for you sake that any time now you'll start feeling better.
Post a Comment