Tuesday, September 9, 2008

LIFE IN MICHIGAN



So, I have finally arrived in Michigan, and Jake and I are officially starting our lives together. The past two and a half weeks have been great fun. We have had a lot of fun, transforming our apartment from "Bachelor Pad" to "Family Home"... we have been out shopping for the apartment, organising everything, setting up our home and getting used to actually living in the same country. lol... go figure... married people live together... ;)

Even the simplest things have been great for us over the past few weeks.... grocery shopping, dinner, lazy Saturday mornings.... when you are married and can't do those things together, you realise how important they are.


At the moment, aside from working every week, Jake is serving as a temple worker on Friday nights. He is loving that opportunity. I am still awaiting the 'call to serve' in our ward.
We are both attending the gym together multiple times a week ( I am trying to keep off the dreaded pounds the USA presented me with the last time I was here) though at least for now, Jake has to be my motivation to work out, cos I have never been one for exercise, but so far it has gone well.

It has been an exciting time for us. Things are coming together nicely, and we are both thoroughly enjoying the new adventure of marriage...

3 comments:

Lisa-M said...

Hey Sis, Missing you stax down here:) Your page is really looking cool. Keep it up, really enjoying all the news and updates. Love ya lots, Mwah!
Lisa

Along the way . . . said...

Yay!!!! Carla I'm so excited to hear you are in the US. Best wishes to you two as you start your life together.

Dee said...

I'm so excited to be leaving a comment on your blog that you created in the states from your home with Jake, YAY!

Now, keep an eye out, coz I'll be tagging you soon.

Welcome to the bloggy community friend!